Intro to my blog…

Early this year (27th January 2018, to be precise), I was diagnosed with severe (almost near fatal) kidney infection (Emphysematous Pyelonephritis) which meant hospitalization immediately. But my consulting physician Dr. Abhishek Bhargav, who knows my medical history, was absolutely against me being hospitalized because he feared that it would put me through depression as it has been the case with my past illnesses. He felt that while treating my ailment at home would no doubt be a difficult task, but tackling my depression would have been extremely tough. Hence, he left no stone unturned to turn my bedroom into an ICU with a round the clock nurse on duty.

While being confined to bed for almost a month, I also developed a bad neck spasm which made reading, watching TV or any source of entertainment difficult. I was absolutely bored of being on social network and visits of friends & family and continuous talking would drain me out because of the illness. Not knowing what to do with all the free time in hand forced me to start thinking. Thinking about all that I had gone through in life. All the choices I had made or not, due to the circumstances at that point, and about all the love, support and heartbreaks too. I realized I was quiet blessed to have had a lot of people who contributed to my learnings and inner strength.

I started writing because it allows me to express and is therapeutic for me. Through my blog, I want to make an effort to reach out to people who may need a spark of light, a dot of hope, a speck of faith to find their strength to move out of the dark and to know that the universe always has our back and God never lets us down. There is positivity in even the weakest of our moments and everything happens for a reason that is for our highest good. I also want to let people know that you are not alone; everyone is going through the ups and downs in life each day.

I have always taken pride in being born into a beautiful family that has been there to guide, protect and support me through every phase of my life. But my confidence did not come from the comfort of the riches my family provided, it was on the contrary my learnings through the hardships that I chose to defeat, which made me recognize my inner strength that even I didn’t know I possessed. It gave me the confidence to let go, handle every situation life had to offer and move ahead with positivity.

Throughout my life’s journey and especially in times of need, I have realized that it is only your core family that actually stands by you. It’s not that your friends and extended family is not there or doesn’t want to be there…it is just that it is not always possible for them to be there 24×7. Therefore, now my golden rule is - expect nothing from any one and be happy with your own company first. I have now learned to be in allowance, to be open to receive all the love and care coming my way and to be grateful for the ones who are there for me.

I thank my dad for teaching me how to be mentally strong. My brother for his unconditional love and support and my Mom who actually defines the word ‘Strength’ through her patience. If it wasn’t for her understanding and balancing dad, duggu and me (all strong headed individuals in our own way), we would not be the 4 strong pillars of the family that no one could shake nor break, even after going through thick and thin of life. But besides all of them the one thing that kept me going and gave me the strength to overcome it all was the love for my daughter Suranika. Thank you Suranika for making me experience motherhood.

Before I embark on my journey as a blog writer, I seek your blessings, good wishes, love and support that has always been extended to my family and me. I hope and wish that I can be of some relevant contribution to all who may possibly need an ear to listen, a push to speak and share, a nudge to look inside for the strength they seek outside and come out of unwanted situations in a more positive way.

Chapter One out on May 2nd 2018.

(Visited 3,073 times, 1 visits today)

43 Comments

1. Priya April 25, 2018 at 3:26 pm

This is very well written Sunaina .. with utmost truth n sincerity..
    Wishing You All the very best ..

2. Tenzin namdol April 25, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Beautiful words, thanks for inspiring

3. Nikita April 25, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Loved reading this introduction. Your journey of ups and downs in life are a source of inspiration. Would love to read on about your experiences and how you’ve tackled obstacles and overcome them.

4. priyanka vats April 25, 2018 at 4:00 pm

looking fwd to your next chapter and also to a biopic as ones experience can help other people battle out life’s problems more easily knowing that someone else also walked that path before and that they are not alone .

5. Gul April 25, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Waiting to read further! Kudos to your struggle and I have already started looking life on a positive note! ❣️ Xoxo

6. OMKAR PRAVIN PIMPALE April 25, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Wow that was a motivational and inspirational blog.
    Hope u write more of such blogs n keep us motivating.

7. Vicky April 25, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Welcome to the “Lonely Planet” of the Strongest individuals who dont find “EXCUSES” to “Give UP” in life, rather have the tendency and capability to turn the World upside down as per their “Demands”. 🙂

It’s truly motivating to know about your life’s experiences and the zeal to move ahead with all the strength, energy n positive approach.

Looking forward to reading more about ur experiences to find some solutions to some unsolved mysteries of our lives too.

Good Luck

8. nida ali April 25, 2018 at 5:19 pm

You are so right that although your friends and extended family are there too but they cannot be available 24/7.and one should appreciate and feel happy about whatever time they r giving us.life becomes less stressful when we keep ourself first in every condition before giving the judgement about others.keep writing blogs and keep yourself , your daughter and most importantly your parents proud.because in the end they have been there in our worst.best of luck.love from pakistan.
    Regards
    Nida ali

9. Nikhil April 25, 2018 at 5:40 pm

So painful and positive. May god give you all the success in life

10. Vidya Champatsingh-Ali April 25, 2018 at 5:48 pm

If this is just an introduction to your blog..I can’t wait to continue reading what you have to say, having a good family that support and continue to love you no matter what will certainly give you the strength to go on. All the best my dear..may you always be blessed and thanks for sharing your story.

11. Kajal April 25, 2018 at 6:35 pm

You have started a great job i hope you get the success.💕

12. Hemali Parmar April 25, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Hey, all the best and hats off to you!!
    I really admire and inspired by you.
    Difficulties are the roots of strength growing gradually.
    I strongly believe in this.
    Would love to pen and share my thoughts with you.
    Warm regards
    From A mother to another mother. : )

13. Hemali Parmar April 25, 2018 at 6:41 pm

Hope, Belief, Trust
    Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.

Belief is an acceptance, trust,faith that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.

Trust is firm belief and the confidence in the reliability, truth, strength, surety or ability of someone or something.

A drive that keeps you going on.
    A positive hope that inspires you to put in the extra efforts and take you closer to the miracle which you want to happen.
    An invisible energy that helps you be strong like a rock, in the times of adversity.
    The conversion of hope to belief

14. Harsh April 25, 2018 at 6:51 pm

Really nice blog! Looking forward to the next one! I can relate to this in a lot of ways and really liked the idea of not expecting anything from anyone.

15. Aditya Kumar April 25, 2018 at 7:31 pm

Keep writing and keep inspiring people, all the best!

16. Fehmida Afzal April 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm

ALLAH aap ko sahet tandarusti ata farmaye. Ameen Summa AMEEN

17. Mukta Mani Punj April 25, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Lots and lots and lots of love and blessings to you dear Sunaina. May God shower you with oodles of strength and may you thrive in the sunshine of His grace. To be able to keep ones faith and hope alive during dark times requires unbending inner strength. And I reckon you have tons of it. No doubt at times this inner strength appears to have deserted us but in reality it is only cloaked in temporary despair. You are lucky in that your family and faith in a higher power helps you in shaking off that cloak. That’s all that is needed at such tough times really. Although I’ve never met you, I don’t know why, but I am feeling a river of love flowing from my heart to yours. Keep going forward and may each day of your life be better than the one before.

18. Arthisha April 25, 2018 at 8:18 pm

Excited to read more from you…i already feel motivated and optimistic after reading about your struggle and how you faced it. 🙂

19. Mei ly April 25, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Hello Sunaina,
    Wow you write so beautiful every words just so true.waiting for chapter one patiently.

20. Gaville DSouza April 25, 2018 at 10:27 pm

This is so profound and deep and I honestly feel this is as “real” as it gets.
    I truly commend your efforts and vision and wish you the very best.
    I can so imagine myself sitting on deck of my ship and reading this.
    Love it

21. Ramya April 25, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Wonderful.. Felt i was reading my life too..keep writing. Everyone def has ups n downs, the willpower n confidence keeps us going. God bless u, stay healthy!

22. Dr.Rohit nikam April 26, 2018 at 12:47 am

very nice.. enduring…n motivational.. simple n str8….looking forward to it…

23. Shikha Ahuja April 26, 2018 at 12:57 am

Wow! Amazing😍
    More power to you dear. Keep writing and sharing as it is actually “therapeutic” as u correctly said, not only for you but for the readers as well who have gone through difficult times. After reading this, I got inspired and got some light to fight back difficult situations.
    THANK YOU SOO MUCH. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU❤❤

24. Shireen April 26, 2018 at 1:24 am

Dear Sunaina,
    Thank you for sharing about your life and I am completely in awe of your determination to not give up ever! I am so proud of a woman like you, who never stopped fighting and is where she deserves to be today! Fit and at your best! Thank you for being a listener and giving me an opportunity to share my story with you because am sure you must be reading this right now. I have been a sick child myself since I was 10 and today at 30 – after the disease that I fought as a kid through my adolescence; the surgeries I went through until I was a teenager; the way I started earning too early in life to make a living; again meeting with an accident and going through surgeries; falling sick very often since my immunity level came down a lot over the years of sicknesses; going through a near marriage break up depression and anxiety; finally getting diagnosed with TB just last year – I have been through it all and my dream of becoming a singer remains where it started. I couldn’t take it forward. But above all, I couldn’t meet my hero, my inspiration – Hrithik Roshan! Though my story got selected as the top story of the Defeat Defeat season and I was in HRX office in March 2015, I still couldn’t meet him and to this day, I try reaching out to people to just make my dream come true for once since I have loved him with all my heart since the last 18 yrs but nothing happens. In my life I wish to meet him for once and am sure I will get rid of all the pain in my life and my heart that I carry, since no other reason would make me happier than meeting my childhood hero for once! I just do not want that to remain as my unfinished business after I die and I am positive that I shall meet him someday before I do!

Lots of love and more power to you!
    You are a beautiful & a blessed soul
    Stay blessed sweetheart

Shireen from Hyderabad

25. Ja April 26, 2018 at 4:27 am

Sunaina ,

This is an excellent blog keep writing and sharing all the true things from your heART my good advice to you is stay super strong and super positive and read n learn

All shud b
    Good
    J

26. Anu April 26, 2018 at 8:51 am

It is not easy to shed light onto the shadows in our life but isn’t this light that will erase the shadows? May your courage ripple far and wide.
    Goodluck & God Bless !!

27. rashmi palekar April 26, 2018 at 10:07 am

Eagerly waiting for it blog ☺

1. rashmi palekar April 26, 2018 at 10:08 am

Eagerly waiting for u r blog☺

28. Neha chavan April 26, 2018 at 10:08 am

It’s really nice that you have take this decision to share your story . It will truly inspire many people who required guidance during there tough time and who may don’t have love once support or failed to feel that .

Looking forward to know more .

Love ,
    Neha

29. Usha April 26, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Lovely intro… cannot wait to read the first chapter…!

30. Ankur April 26, 2018 at 12:25 pm

This is a great start and more power to you to inspire many others who can take inspiration from your journey and how you faced the difficult battles. Depression is indeed a very serious issue which has been always kept in dark and not discussed much which is so Wrong..Great that people now have started coming out accepting their vulnerabilities, struggles and the stories on how they dealt with the difficult times…

And as they say True happiness is one which comes from inside and doesn’t depend on any external factors…May god bless you with more power and happiness to spread the light further..

31. Swati April 26, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Lovely!!! All the best!

32. Vikas Jain April 26, 2018 at 11:48 pm

I love the way you write… express urself

Look forward to hear from u

33. Ritu April 27, 2018 at 10:27 pm

All the best. Looking forward:)

34. Rekha April 27, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Your transformation has been mindblowing!! Looking forward to reading your life story…

35. Janish April 28, 2018 at 3:49 pm

Beautiful intro straight from the heart. Look forward to reading the blog. Wish you good health and happiness.

36. ANITA SHARMA May 3, 2018 at 1:39 am

Beautifully written Sunaina!! 👏👏
    When I was a kid, my dad told me that life is not always a bed of roses… it’s too difficult sometimes…but, we have to have the conviction and determination to face it and fight it out in s positive way…
    You are blessed with a beautiful family.. it was heart rending to read the difficult and tough times in your life.. I loved your honesty in every way that you described.. You know, I feel and believe that difficult times make us a better and strong person. The world today is so different and progressive that we can talk and discuss our issues with each other., all thanks to our social media.
    You are a very beautiful strong woman… stay like this always… be optimistic and believe in God….”this too shall pass”.
    Your blog will be a great source of inspirations for many who could be weak and succumb to their worst situations.. This is very thoughtful of you for helping many souls…
    I started following your mom’s (Pinkie ji’s) Instagram posts and commented too on her dedicated workout routine..She is a great source of inspiration for all of us. I was looking forward for her comment back but I guess she cannot answer to the vast admirers…
    We look forward to your blog and will love to share it with our friends and family…. ALL OUR LOVE AND BEST WISHES WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY…. STAY BLESSED ALWAYS…..👍🙏

37. http://www.linux.org May 3, 2018 at 12:08 pm

If үou find yourѕelf fascinated by a brɑnd new career as a paralegal, therе are a ᴠariety of options
    which youll consіɗer. You would possibly resoⅼve that being a freelɑce paralegal iѕ the way that you simply want to pursue this field.
    Youll be able to beɡin by ԝeighing the professionaⅼs аnd cons of this
    exciting new way ᧐ff working inn the paralegal area; and
    its poѕsible youlⅼ decide that its the bеst choice for you.

38. Shaila May 5, 2018 at 3:44 am

Dear Sunaina,
    Thank you for sharing your story . However I am wondering why you suffer from health issues ? People who are abundant and blessed should keep them selves in good health ( mental , physical and emotional ) . You have been raised well by such good parents , surroundings and atmosphere . Please do some spiritual healing with an enlightened master for yourself and your family .

39. http://www.linux.org/ May 5, 2018 at 7:18 am

Yοull Ƅe able to poaу it anytime you want.? Daddy answered.

?As ɑ reѕult of talking ɑout how nice God is makes him happʏ and its worship.
    Play itt earⅼier than yoou ցgo to slⅼeep tonight aand whenewver you waкe
    up in the morning and God will likely be close to youu all day long.

40. Gautam CHHABRIA May 8, 2018 at 12:50 pm

hi sunaina,

Your journey is outstanding . god bless you . stay blessed. be blessed. .

BEST WISHES & WARM REGARDS,

GAUTAM CHHABRIA

41. Prats May 30, 2018 at 11:52 am

#Zindagi- very true said… God bless